Our Species of the Month is the Hazel Dormouse and to fit with the small mammal theme, pet care retailers PamPurredPets are offering a superb prize for any pet rabbits out there. But first, here’s a bit about them and why they believe in Fair to Nature…
PamPurredPets was founded in 1981 when the first store opened in Ferndown, Dorset and it is now the South of England’s largest independent pet store chain. They specialise in foods and accessories for dogs, cats, birds and small animals. Their aim is to enhance the well-being of pets by supplying quality products at competitive prices from clean, hygienic surroundings with friendly, well-qualified staff. PamPurredPets also has a caring environmental policy which includes recycling of all waste plastic and cardboard so they were really positive about the opportunity to join Fair to Nature and early in 2015 they launched their Fab Creations range of animal foods and bedding sourced from Fair to Nature farms. The range includes feed quality hay and golden barley straw for pet bedding as well as guinea pig, rabbit and hamster foods.
Consistent with their customer care objectives and, of course, their unrivalled knowledge of caring for small animals, PamPurredPets publish a series of information leaflets on a range of topics, including the care of small mammals like hamsters, rabbits and chinchillas. These useful leaflets cover suitability, housing, feeding, handling, and health. All pets should have their 5 welfare needs met. These are:
- Suitable environment
- Suitable diet
- To be protected from pain, injury, suffering and disease
- To be housed with or apart from other animals (whichever is applicable)
- To exhibit normal behaviour patterns
Did you know that the minimum age for purchasing any livestock, including pets, is 16 years?
All PamPurredPets staff take part in a six-months in-house training course in pet care, and many go on to study for a City & Guilds in Pet Management, a nationally recognised qualification. So they know their stuff!
To celebrate the launch of the Fab Creations range of Fair to Nature products for small animals, PamPurredPets have generously donated a selection of small animal care products for our prize competition this month. To enter all you need to do is log in below and answer the following question:
What is the minimum age for purchasing a pet?
The winners will be drawn at random from all correct entries received on or before the closing date of 30th November 2015.
Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- This giveaway is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over. Employees of Conservation Grade Producers Limited and PamPurredPets, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw are not eligible to enter.
- Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Email addresses of entrants may be used by Conservation Grade and PamPurredPets for the purposes of sending e-newsletters from the respective Promoters. Our newsletters offer the option of unsubscribing at any time. Email addresses will not be used by/sold to third parties.
- Entry to this giveaway is restricted to one per person. Entries cannot be amended in any way after submission.
- The giveaway closes at midnight on 30th November 2015. Entries must be received by midnight on the closing date. Late entries and entries that sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted.
- The winner drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name (first name and surname initial) and county can be obtained by sending an SAE to Conservation Grade, 2 Gransden Park, Potton Road, Abbotsley, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6TY before 30th January 2016.
- The winners will be contacted within seven days of the closing date. Should the Promoter be unable to contact a winner or should a winner be unable to accept their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award that prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- All elements of each prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- The winners may be asked to participate in publicity, but this is not obligatory.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Conservation Grade is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the giveaway on its website. Provision of the prizes is the responsibility of PamPurredPets. Promoter: Conservation Grade, 2 Gransden Park, Potton Road, Abbotsley, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6TY.
This competition is also published on UK competitions at ThePrizeFinder.